I was recording a podcast today and I was once again reminded by my guest that we all struggle with motivation from time to time. Even if we enjoy an activity, we may have difficulty finding the drive to go get it done. In order to keep our weekend exercise promises, I created a list of 10 quotes for you to read tomorrow morning to make you get that weekend sweat on!
1) “Every morning in our lives, we have a choice to make. You have the choice to stay in bed and say ‘Forget it, I’m not going to work out today.’ or ‘Forget it, I’m not going to work hard today.’ That’s your choice that you make every single day of your life. Make the right decision.” - David Goggins
2) “Somewhere along the line we seem to have confused comfort with happiness.”
- Dean Karnazes
3) "The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
4) “Everyone wants to win. But to truly succeed - whether it is at a sport or at your job or in life - you have to be willing to do the hard work, overcome the challenges, and make the sacrifices it takes to be the best at what you do.” - Ronda Rousey
5) “There’s no talent here, this is hard work. This is an obsession. Talent does not exist, we are all human beings. You could be anyone if you put in the time. You will reach the top, and that’s that. I am not talented, I am obsessed.” - Conor McGregor
6) "Life's short, you know? Especially as an athlete. Your career is very short, and you use the opportunities that you have because you're not going to have them again."
- Lindsey Vonn
7) “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
8) “Success isn’t always about ‘Greatness’, it’s about consistency. Consistent, hard work gains success. Greatness will come.” - Dwayne Johnson
9) "One of the most fascinating lessons I’ve absorbed about life is that the struggle is good." - Joe Rogan
10) “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” - Aristotle
Hope these 10 quotes helped you get your a** out of bed! Have a great weekend and GO GET AFTER IT!!